Family Recipe: Joanie's Sage & Sausage Thanksgiving Stuffing
Joanie, Kathie's mother, made a sensational stuffing! Make this family recipe a centerpiece of your Thanksgiving table this year! The crisp, refreshing finish of our Rosé pairs perfectly with this stuffing, plus a wide variety of your favorite Turkey Day dishes.
Joanie's Sage & Sausage Thanksgiving Stuffing
Yield: Makes enough to stuff a 20 pound turkey
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 8 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 lbs pork sausage, casing removed
- 2 packages (16 oz each) herb seasoned stuffing
- 1-2 tbsp ground sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the celery and onion for 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat until cooked through. Drain the fat from the meat and discard.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, cooked sausage, and bread croutons. Add a little water to moisten the stuffing slightly. Season with sage, salt and pepper.
- Stuff turkey cavity and cook as directed.
- Bake any leftover stuffing in a buttered baking dish.